Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The blogging experience

This has been my first and last blogging experience. Up until this class I wasn't exactly sure what a blog was! I guess the idea is to have a place where you can let your thoughts run wild. In the blogoshere you are saying that you exist and you have something to say. It's somewhat like a journal, but instead of being tucked away in a drawer it's out there for all the world to read and even more interesting, to comment on. I can see how it can strike a healthy debate, but can also imagine it to be used to comment in a nasty and hurtful way by an anonymous viewer. I personally don't have too much interest in blogging because i'd rather have a conversation with a real life person in front of me. I also don't have time to sit in front of the computer for hours, i barely have time to respond to an email, let alone somone's blog.
I can see the interest, though. I think it is sort of great to be able to read someone's thoughts on a particular subject from one end of the world to the other and see how they differ. I can see how it can bring people togther in an organized way. A group can have a discussion and not have anyone talking over one another and although i'm sure it can get heated and argumentative, it could never be too threatening, especially in a physical way because it's just in writning and of course always anonymous.

No comments: