Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Comment 2- Aya's thoughts on Millenials

My parents are excatly the same way, that’s so funny! My mom doesn’t know how to put numbers in her phone or even how to check her voicemail! She can basically answer and hang up (sorry mom My dad mainly uses the internet to play poker and whenever my mom wants something looked up online she asks someone else to do it. It took years and a lot a coaxing for my parents to make the change from dial up to DSL and i don’t even want to mention wireless to them!There are many “boomers” who are just as in tune, if not more, to this new digital age, but many simply have no interest in it until it’s neccesary (for a job etc.) Even myself as a somewhat young person, feel pretty disengaged from the electronic environment. I got the basics down, but there’s just so much out there, so many gadgets, so many websites, it’s tough to keep up with it all, it’s easier to ignore it and get by without it, most of the time anyway.

No comments: